Dr. David Chang is a board-licensed Naturopathic physician and acupuncturist. He completed his six-year medical training and internship at the National College of Natural Medicine. His passion for medicine stemmed from his experience volunteering at a community clinic, where he witnessed the devastation caused by lack of access to care and poor health. Dr. Chang continued post-graduate training by completing a one-year residency here under the guidance of Dr. Ilana Gurevich.
As an active athlete his whole life, Dr. Chang has taken a great interest in sports medicine and pain management. He knows the toll it can take on a person when their life is riddled with chronic pain and injuries. Dr. Chang wants to help people regain their quality of life and pursue an active, pain free lifestyle.
Dr. Chang has received extensive training in regenerative therapies including prolotherapy, ozone, platelet rich plasma and stem cell injections. Combining these specialized techniques and his unique patient centered approach as a Naturopathic doctor, he aims to address the true underlying problems causing chornic pain and disease.
Dr. Chang spent his childhood in Taipei, Taiwan and Ashland, Oregon. He attended college in Portland and has loved living in this city for the last 15 years. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Taiwanese. In his spare time he loves to play basketball, tennis, watch movies, and is a guilt-free foodie.
- Advanced Technique in Prolotherapy of the Shoulder and Ankle with Dr. Thomas Ravin, MD- 2013
- Art of Needling Injection Training with Dr. Tyna Moore, ND- 2013
- Prolotherapy Injection/PRP/Regenerative Medicine Training including Cadaver lab with the American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy and Regenerative Medicine (AOAPRM)- 2014, 2016
- Neural-Prolo (Perineural Injection Therapy) Training with Dr. John Lyftgoft, MD- 2014
- Neural Therapy Injection of joints, ganglions and nerve blocks with Dr. Hans C. Peyer, MD- 2016
- Certification in Ozone Therapy and Advanced Prolozone Injection training with Dr. Frank Shallenberger, MD- 2014
- Plasma Rich Protein/Ozonated Clot Matrix/Stem Cell Injection therapy with Dr. Dennis Harper, ND- 2017
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) aesthetic training: PRP facial and PRP hair loss injections-Empire Medical-2018